Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Stayin' Alive

Well, I made it. Thanks for the support!

The little guy was hilarious, and he loves his new firetruck...and the dump truck my friend brought, as well as the boxes and tissue paper they both came in.

There is also a series of pictures of him walking nimbly in my abandoned high heels that I am sure will be used to embarrass the hell out of him in 10 years or so.

It was actually more than a birthday....it was kind of one of those white-knuckled "facing your fears things". And I think I passed, with flying colors. There was only one moment where I felt a little shaky, but I managed it. Thank goodness.

Does anyone else have a "Worst Ever" Infertility moment?

Because, oh yes, I have one. And it is a doozy. It totally stands alone. And it happens to coincide nicely with the baby shower of the now-two-year-old.

In other news, I am going to abandon my "cookie crutch" and start trying to eat more healthfully.

This may or may not have something to do with the fact that my face appears to be inflating to epic proportions. I prefer to remain inscrutable.

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

worse ever ....... i think i have a few but hte one that comes to mind is my best friends shower a few months ago - her sister pushed me too far and i snapped and bawled the night before the shower - i now feel like a horrible friend for it and I may have affended her family. I am sorry that IF had to be witnessed by others innocent bystanders

jenna sais quoi said...

I think I have learned through trial and error about baby showers...I just can't do it. I have been to a couple, and I have managed to make it out of the house before the tears start, but at that point, I've held it back so long that am stuck unravelling in the car until I calm down enough to drive home.

My worst story is really similar.
It's always horrible, and I totally feel for you! *hugs*

Christy said...

I'm glad you survived the party. As for a worst every infertility moment, I will have to think about that. I have been infertile while living 350 miles away from all of my friends, and don't have many friends here, so awkward moments really don't happen. Except in my head.