Sunday, September 9, 2007

The duh moment

The "duh" moment is the opposite of the "A-ha!" moment.

For example, I am on the phone with my sister, who will be in town this week, and I say, (within my husband's hearing) that I will be able to go out for drinks with her when she is here!

I also let The Man know that I have ordered my meds, and will he be home on Saturday to get the package? Affirmative.

I leave the box of 'pons out on the bathroom shelf. If he cares to look, the negative test is nonchalantly balancing on top of the bathroom trash.

This is all designed to avoid the, "Nope! Not this time!" conversation. Because after 4.5 years, that makes about 50 reps of the conversation, and I for one, am sick of having it.

And after all this, for some reason, when I casually allude to the fact that AF is in the building, he is shocked. It is moments like this that convince me that he just sort of floats through the day. I love him to pieces! And he is much smarter than the above anecdote makes him sound! But....yeah.

Then he tells me that he has been called in to work for the next day. So nobody will be there after 10:30 AM, when the new drug shipment will arrive (because I ordered it shipped Next Day Air specifically because I was under the impression that someone would be home. GAH! Gaaaaaaaaaah!)

I woke up yesterday, praying that the doorbell would ring. Rushed through my shower, etc. And at 10:15, had to accept that this was the one time they wouldn't show up at 8:05 when I am still stumbling blearily around the house.

So I called Mom, who came to the rescue. Thank goodness the house was clean! She brought some stuff for work she had been trying to get done, and of course, the delivery guy showed up within the hour. So Mom saved the day!

I now have two menacing mylar packets sitting in my fridge, right next to the roast beef. And my Day 3 appointment is tomorrow. And I am kind of...I don't know.

I realized, due to a number of factors (Chris, I'm looking at you!) that I need to buckle down and get serious. I have been talking the talk and walking the walk for so long, and I have gotten so jaded- I've been skimping and taking short cuts. Time to get serious!

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

I know that conversation, GOod luck to CD3 appointment, glad mom was able to save the day