Friday, September 14, 2007

ehn



Time has been flying by, oddly enough. Today I have to order more Gonal-F, and I am sort of worried that I am not going to have enough left for my dose tonight (I was supposed to order yesterday- oops.)

I have also been very busy with work and family obligations. And I have also been having conversations like this:

Me: You know, it's really irritating that I am the problem. Somehow. But not know what the problem is.

Him: Maybe my guys are just frightened and they are hiding.

Me: Why would your guys hide? There are millions of them!

Him: Well, the egg is a lot bigger, in relation to my guys. I bet they are intimidating.

Me: OK, well, if I were an egg, I would be the one who was worried. It would be like me getting attacked by millions of mice.

Him: Well, on the other hand, think of the sperm's perspective! It would be like seeing two Yukon Denalis heading straight at me.

Me: Are we still talking about my uterus? Because it's starting to sound like Mutual of Omaha's Wild America. Or maybe West Side Story.

Him: With just a dash of Nascar.
_________________________________

Yesterday was a big event at Dad's workplace, and I met a lot of his office staff.

Her: Hi! I'm Robin! You must be the oldest daughter!

Me: Yes, that's me...nice to meet you Robin!

Her: You're the one with the baby!

(At this point, I see my mother visibly cringe.)

Me: Nope...no baby!

Her: Oh, I could have sworn it was you!

Me: No, not me. No kids yet! Ha ha!

Her: I wonder who that was....

Mom later pulled me to the side and said, "Well, I am glad you're not still taking the Clomid."

Me: "I know. Dad has a lot of sharp objects in his office. And there would have been witnesses."

Ultrasound is Monday. I am giving the follies a pep talk as we speak.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

LOL - I love the Denalis analogy! That would scare the boys, I'm sure. Too funny!

And ugh - I hate office parties. The next time someone asks me when or if I'm having a baby, I am not going to be held responsible for my actions. I'm glad you handled yourself well.

Grow, follies, grow! Can't wait to hear Monday's feedback! XOXO

AwkwardMoments said...

Hahahahahahh Great post- and glad the crazy is still alive (only for your sake, not hers, she obviously isn't smart