Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Your aura is pulsating dear...

I made an appointment with a psychic. Saturday, 7PM.

This is the e-mail I wrote to my sister- she has seen the guy before, so she would be in a position to tell me what's what.
_________

Um, how specific is this guy? I am assuming that he’s a lot more accurate than, say, a Magic 8-ball.

So if I ask, “Am I ever going to be someone’s biological parent?” And the answer is an affirmative, would it be

  1. Spookily accurate. “Yes, you will have two boys and three girls, but you will have to use IVF and they will be quintuplets. Oh, and they will all be like your dad and your Mother-In Law, and you will end up in a mental institution.”
  2. Fairly accurate: “You will have kids by the time you are 40. I think I see three.”
  3. Reply hazy: Um, yeah. Definitely!
  4. Total crap: “You already have spiritual children, I can see them waiting for you in the beyond!”

Ok, I just wrote C. and D. to round it out. Don’t hate on me.

_________________________________


Her reply was that he is somewhere between A and B, which is good enough for me.

I am feeling hopeful, yet, also extremely skeptical. I am supposed to write down questions to ask, but my sister said he answered everything she wanted to know as soon as she walked in, she never even got a chance to ask.

I am supposed to bring a list of questions, a blank tape, pictures (?!) and of course, cold hard cash.

So. If you were going to a psychic...what would you ask?

8 comments:

Katie said...

One question: WILL I BE A MOTHER?

I'd really like to ask WHEN, but I know that is pushing my luck.

Okay, maybe TWO questions: WINNING LOTTO NUMBERS?

AwkwardMoments said...

Gosh, I dunno, i have too many and I'm one of those people that usually do not REALLY wanna know the answers to the questions I ask.. Good luck to you

Meghan said...

Well, I guess I'll make my phone call and get an appointment. My number 1 question is the same as Katie's...and then of course I'd have a thousand of follow up more specific questions (how, when, biological or adoptive, etc)

Can't wait to hear how it goes. I promise I'll find that gift certificate tomorrow!

Christy said...

Only one question for me, and it's the million dollar question that all of us have. "What will it take for me to be a mom?"

Have fun, and be sure to report back. Oh, and if you can't think of anything to write down on your list of questions feel free to write "What will it take for Chris to be a mom?".

Alyssa said...

Ooh, a trip to the psychic! I keep meaning to make an appointment with one in my area who is supposed to be quite good. Definitely let us know how things turn out!

What would I ask? Will I be a mom? When?? How?? Will it all be okay? Etc... Nothing surprising there, I know!

Anonymous said...

I would ask 1. If I will be a mom
2. When
3. How many children

jenna sais quoi said...

Yeah,that's my number one question!
Isn't it everybody's?

Here's what my sister said about her previous visit:

"So to answer your question .... I would say he probably falls in answer b range. He may be more specific, though, when responding to a specific question. I didn't ask him anything about getting married or having kids (but I was going to at the end), and told me that I would get married around 32-33 to an "exotic" man, someone who I would be friends with first, and that it would be a passionate relationship. He then said that I would be a mother--and that I would have boys. He made it sounds like i would have 2 kids, but he never specifically said that. He just said the first would be a boy and that not to bank on a girl for the second. So I would say that's fairly specific. He also told me that I should never move back to my hometown because my father was dominating and that I would never find myself there (got a kick out of that one). And that I would make money in my 30's doing something creative. That I would be dating a lot in the next year (which turned out to be true). He said all kinds of stuff--he just started talking--and while some of it was about my personality, a lot of it was about the next 10 years of my life. Who is to say if any of it turns out to be true since none of it has happened yet (except for the dating), but it sure made me feel good just to hear it. It definitely had the effect of making me relax about meeting a guy, and I was getting stressed about it at that point."

Huh. I am getting nervous.

Me said...

I would as WHEN I am going to become a parent.