Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Warm and fuzzy.


Wow....what a switch.

Infertility, and trying to figure out what, if anything, was wrong, has been a focus of my life for so long.

Taking a break has been amazing.

The Man and I have been a lot lovier with each other. Who knew that it's more fun to spend quality time together when it's not all about ovulating and shots and charting?

It's nice to know that sex can be fun and stress-free and spontaneous again. It's fantastic to feel like I have my body back again instead of feeling like a walking test tube.

It's also nice that it's coincided with actual fall-type weather, so there has been a lot of snuggling under down comforters.

When we started this journey, The Man and I decided that since we were working on getting pregnant, the bed should be as amazing as possible. So for Christmas, we asked for a down comforter and pillows. No dice.

We asked for three years in a row. Finally, last year it must have dawned on everyone that HEY! This was something we really wanted. So we got three comforter and pillow sets.

I ended up taking two sets back and replacing them with two sets of luxurious high-thread-count sheets, as well as a ton of oversized bath towels. I seriously believe that these things are the best purchases we ever made, and the best gifts we ever got.


So yeah. If you are already thinking about your Christmas lists for the year, or just a "no reason" nice thing to do for your spouse...get a down comforter and really nice sheets. And if you have a duvet, may I recommend these....and if you have a hard time keeping sheets and dust ruffles in place, these and these are invaluable.

The only drawback for us is that getting out of bed has now become impossible.

I guess now you know why I haven't posted for a couple of days!

5 comments:

Meghan said...

A great bed is a wonderful thing. Mr H comes from a family that doesn't use sheets. Now that I've introduced him to thread count...his whole world has changed!

AwkwardMoments said...

I am envious of the bed description ..... so envious

Christy said...

Oh I'm so glad that you are enjoying so much snuggly time. Have fun!

Katie said...

I am jealous! It's amazing what a little IF "vacation" can do for your relationship! And good bedding never hurts, either!

Kristen said...

We just got a new mattress and it is pure heaven. But at the same time, I just want to lay in it all the time so my cooking and cleaning is suffering hardcore.

It's so nice to take time just being a normal couple without the obsession. I love having sex when I want to as opposed to because I have to. And it's nice to christen the new bed too! ;)