Friday, August 17, 2007

Not a squirt gun.

Today is day 5 of my Gonal-F injections, and the last day of my 225 IU dosage.

I ordered four 300 IU pens from the online pharmacy, which means today was "ghetto medication retrieval day."

It was going OK until, OF COURSE, I squeezed the plunger on the syringe just a wee bit too firmly when tapping out the air bubbles, and basically sent 50 bucks hurtling through the air to splatter against my bathroom mirror. Such was my horror that I immediately fumbled the syringe, and I somehow managed a spectacular mid-air grab without stabbing myself anywhere or contaminating the needle.

Infertility definitely gives you the opportunity to explore talents that you would otherwise never realized that you posessed.

I read about the "heavy ovaries" side effect of this medication, and as of today, I am experiencing it. I suppose the male equivalent is calling the bowling alley to ask the guy if he has eight pound balls. If I was a guy, I could say, "Actually, they're both weighing in at about ten right now. Thank you for your concern."

Eight pound ovaries? Not as funny. Madame Ovary still is good for a giggle, but hey, it's been done.

Anyway, I am amusing myself by picturing Lefty and Righty as Easter baskets full of eggs right now. Husbandly commentary: "If anyone has brightly colored sparkly eggs, sweetheart, it would be you." Thanks sweetie!

D-Day for bloodwork and my second ultrasound is Monday the 20th, so I'll know in a few days (ohmigod, on Monday!) if this is anywhere near accurate.

How are you all doing? It's the weekend!

My concert buddy and I are planning a jaunt this December to see Social Distortion at the House Of Blues in Anaheim- The fact that we could go to Disneyland is just a bonus. We make this trek every year or so to celebrate our joint birthdays. So it will be a good time, even if I may not be able to swing the Tower Of Terror.

I am going to a show tonight (with the same concert buddy, natch) and it should be a blast. We're pretty much all about The Pretenders and The Stray Cats (ZZ Top...kinda meh.)

Anyone else have fun stuff planned?

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

THis mental imagery just made me laugh!! Glad you have kept a sense of humor! Have fun tonight

Kristen said...

Kudos to you on the needle catch! That truly is amazing you were able to miraculously NOT stab yourself. My luck, I would have stabbed myself in the foot or something.

And I hope you enjoyed the show!