Thursday, August 9, 2007

Well...

We're officially entering the world of injectables. Part of me is a little upset that I am not more upset about not getting pregnant this month. Is that weird?

The test yesterday morning seemed ridiculously anti-climactic. I called the clinic to report my negative.

They told me to discontinue my progesterone (Yes! Yes!) and call back on Day One.

So I went out and had sushi and an alcoholic beverage. Because hey, that is my silver lining. Well, that and not having to load up the progesterone suppositories every night.

I questioned the RN over the phone re: dollar amounts, because of course, our insurance doesn't cover injectables.

Evidently we have two choices- one online pharmacy offers a discount price each month, and the other has a "buy two months, get one free" plan.

I forced myself not to say, "So...one plan for the optimist, one for the pessimist!" because these people already think I am a little nuts.

Possibly because last time, when they were explaining about my endometrial lining, I interrupted them to say, "So basically, it's like a happy little waterbed in there."

You know, as opposed to the Gobi Desert. Or the Louvre.

And now I am picturing my interior regions furnished with a round red velvet bed, a white sheepskin rug, a leopard chaise longue, and a disco ball. And also a really large stereo system. Because hey, my uterus likes to party like it's 1979.

Oh, and when they gave me my last ultrasound, and found that my left ovary had three follicles and the right NONE for the second month in a row, the ultrasound tech may have heard me accuse my right ovary of "not earning its keep". I also may have threatened to have it evicted, although I did not verbalize the "It's my body, and I make the rules" lecture that was brewing inside my head.

Oh God, they must think I'm insane.

So now I am agonizing over which plan to choose. The Man just wanted dollar amounts, and he was obviously not helping, so I called my best friend for her take on things.

"Well, here's what I think. If you go with the 'buy two months get one free' plan...."

"Yes?" I prompted.

"Well, you would probably get pregnant on the first cycle. I think you should go with that one."

Yes, this is why she is my friend. She just gets me.

Ok, I am now officially up and around. I have a huge to-do list, and since I seem to have finally trancended my progesterone coma, I have to get to the gym and work off the results of a month of obsessive ice cream and chocolate consumption.

2 comments:

tree town gal said...

Whatever you do, make sure your MD writes scripts in smallest logical dose size possible. my MD wrote my script for 900 IU gonal pens. i was taking 225 IU / day. gee, from the second pen I only needed one shot. that was a waste of 675 IU to the tune of about $400. and once the pen is used, it only has about a month shelf life. the pharmacies (i used freedom fertility pharmacy - great service) deliver overnight without additional charge, so no reason to "stock up" and spend unnecessary money for drugs you might not need. Just wanted to share this lesson since I just got burned by this "large dosage" script writing by my genius RE this week. Good luck to you. Sorry about your BFN.

jenna sais quoi said...

Wow.

Thanks for the advice! I totally agree about Freedom Pharmacy...amazing service.

I think the amount I ordered is 700 IU, but I am not sure what dosage I will be taking. This is definitely going to be a learning experience.