Friday, August 10, 2007

Freedom!

Well, it's Freedom Fertility Pharmacy for the win!

My Gonal-F (GonalF? Gonal F? Gonal Eff? Whatever) will be arriving tomorrow along with my Ovidrel shot...presumably chilling in its usual mylar envelope.

In the meantime, I called the FC about it being Day One and all. Because they wanted a "day three" ultrasound. A nurse was supposed to call me back. I waited until 1PM, then stupidly called back and got shunted into Dr.'s Office Phone Exchange Limbo, where they told me to call back at two.

Called back at two. "We'll have a nurse call you!"

OK. You want a day three ultra sound. Today is Day One. It's now 2PM. You're open until 4PM. I am doing the math, and something does not compute. Maybe I am stupid, but by Day Three ultrasound, I was under the impression that it was supposed to be done on day 1, 2, or 3?

After some more thinking, I realized that I would need to get my meds ordered ASAP, and due to the weekend, if they didn't get ordered by 5, we would probably have to skip the cycle.

I started semi-panicking. I finally called back at 3:50 PM and got...the exchange.

$@#&!!!!

I actually used the exchange to leave a message this time. The RN called me back a little after 4, set up an appointment for Monday, said she'd call Freedom Pharmacy, and to her credit, I had my order placed and ready to ship out for Saturday delivery by 5PM.
Thank Heaven for small favors.

And for the record, Freedom Pharmacy is awesome.

Now I am just sort of dreading my nightly shots. The Man informs me that he is comfortable with giving them to me, since military training evidently covers giving shots. Also, my practical side says that he would probably appreciate being a little more involved in what's going on with us than his usual 7:30 AM scramble to make "the deposit" into a vial.

The irrational side of me is somewhat preoccupied with my lily white skin, and that scene in Pulp Fiction where John Travolta is administering the shot of adrenaline after Uma overdoses.

I've slated this week for getting caught up on laundry and pulling the house out of chaos, in preparation for my inevitable decline once the progesterone coma falls back upon me. I am at least enjoying being able to work outside and lift heavy objects without the niggling fear in the back of my mind that I may be screwing things up.

No comments: