Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Power Of Positive Thinking

"Positive", get it?

Yeah, I know I am lame. Once again, I am awake at 1 AM, and we all know what that means....blood draw and ultrasound this morning.

I have looked up the location in Google Maps AND Mapquest. I have laid out my clothing. I have stocked my purse with Target Brand Hoo-Ha Wipes. It doesn't get any more prepared than this.

Yes, I was a Girl Scout.

Hmmm....if there was an infertility merit badge, what would it have on it? A syringe? A stork? A petri dish? A straitjacket?

Perhaps a maniacally grinning sperm carrying a rose in its teeth?

So, I am trying to do the follicular math. Meds were about $1000 this cycle, so that means we paid about $250 per follicle, not counting the cost of three ultrasounds and the IUI.

I know, I know. This way lies madness.

After doing some reading, I feel a lot better about my four follicles and their measurements. As far as I can tell, average growth is 2mm per day, which will (theoretically)put me smack in the 17-18 mm category for all but one come tomorrow.

I mentioned in the previous post that my Right (Prodigal) Ovary was identified as being "heavy" during the last ultrasound. So heavy that it has actually dropped into the place in my pelvic region where it is technically supposed to be. (Where does it normally hang out? My esophagus?) Maybe my threats to send it to the glue factory are working! Left, AKA "Ol' Faithful", is still going strong, and my uterus is "right on target." All great news.

So, continuing in the positive thinking vein, hopefully they'll do the ultrasound and see the uterine equivalent of the HOT NOW neon doughnut sign, so we should trigger tomorrow, and the IUI would be Friday...which would be ideal, because The Man has the day off, so he would actually be able to be in the room with me during the procedure.

Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

....if there was an infertility merit badge, what would it have on it?

my vote is for "Rosie the Rivetor" with needles in the fist!!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and it is delightful, hope you don't mind if I link to you. Good luck with your cycle, I will be following along...

jenna sais quoi said...

FM: hahaha! That sounds like a great idea for a blog masthead. Seriously.

Alexa: Well thanks! As for linking, the more the merrier. I will have to stop by and pay you a visit. :)

Michael Evans said...

Perhaps the "wand?"

My urologist actually wears a "classy" silver pin on her lapel in the shape of a wiggling sperm. I always notice it and it always bothers me. I wonder if she wears it out to lunch?