Thursday, August 23, 2007

Romance is in the air!

Ah, the conversations that go along with infertility.

As a couple, I am sure they bring us closer. To an outsider, I am sure we sound insane.

The Man: Is tonight ok?

Me: I don't know, they say two days. But it's been two days already.

The Man: So, four days. But they say not more than 5 days?

Me: Uh huh.

The Man: By the way, I took my vitamins. And I took a shower. Amd brushed my teeth.

Me: Really? I am so hot for you right now.

The Man: Seriously?!!!

Me: Well, no, but I think it can be arranged.

The Man: I should get something for taking the vitamins, at least. I hate them.

Me: After jabbing myself in the abdomen with needles, taking my vitamins and a baby aspirin every day, and preparing myself to go though the progesterone coma again....I really don't feel sorry for you.

The Man: So, is it like two days, or 48 hours?

Me: My clinic says two days. Which knowing them, could mean anything. I vote for two days. Which technically, it's two days. It's still Wednesday.

The Man: Good enough for me. Prepare to throw caution to the wind!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Just too funny! At least infertility brings lots of comic moments to our lives. Good luck with your IUI tomorrow. I will be sending lots of good vibes your way.

AwkwardMoments said...

AH yes those Loverly conversations us IF Couple have - Arent they so tantalizing ;)