Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Follicle Follies

I did manage to make it to the lab this morning without incident (on one hour of sleep.)

The ultrasound was scheduled at 11:15, and I was at the office at 11, wearing my most expansive pair of Hanes For Her cotton Gramma panties. At my RE's office, they are all about the lube. They like to pile it up in the receptacle like it's a soft-serv ice cream dispenser. I am beginning to think that they all moonlight at TCBY.

I did get my favorite ultrasound tech. She's very bubbly and we have a similar sense of style. She always comments on my pedicure, which I suppose is one of the most acceptable things you can comment on, seeing as she is up close and personal with my nether regions under a flimsy paper tablecloth.

So, the competency of Righty was greatly exaggerated. It took awhile to even find the little chickenshit, which is literally hiding behind my uterus as we speak, having given up the ghost sometime between Monday and today. Those follicles which were measuring at 12 and 14 are now a sad 10 and a 5. OK, Righty, you get points for at least making an effort this cycle. I was afraid that you had run off and joined the circus.

Lefty did come through for me, though- I have a 16.5 and a big fat 19! I'm totally sending the fruit basket.

Once again, must think positive. So I trigger tonight, as planned, and the IUI is scheduled for Friday AM.

I am exhausted, and feeling distinctly un-witty...so I think I am going to go crawl under a rock and snooze for awhile. Right after I devour a metric ton of peach cobbler.

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

Good luck on the IUI and the trigger shot tonight!