Friday, December 28, 2007

Vortex

Crazy couple of weeks- including finding out that I was going to need to host Christmas morning this year- 24 hours in advance. AIIIGH! I did pull it off, which unfortunately means that we may be doing it every year from now on. Oops!

It's funny- I haven't been posting a lot, mainly because I stepped off the IF rollercoaster. Without all the blood draws, injections, meds, ultrasounds, etc, it just feels like I don't have a lot to contribute lately.

I have been doing some research though. I bought the Newsweek that talks about "Fertility and Diet". Of course, they are very careful to state that it's "anovulatory infertility" that they are talking about, but still an interesting read.

In other news, I got contacted by someone regarding the new book coming out on Jan 2. by Cindy Margolis: HAVING A BABY…WHEN THE OLD-FASHIONED WAY ISN’T WORKING: Hope and Help for Everyone Facing Infertility.

I agreed to review it, and they offered at least one extra copy to give away on my blog! I haven't been keeping up with blogs, so you all might be reviewing too! ;) But so far, it is a good read, and I have a lot to say about it.

In the meantime, I hope you guys are having a wonderful holiday season. I have to say that Christmas was seriously better than Thanksgiving. Of course, it could hardly have been worse! Christmas was epic in comparison, actually. And no, I never did send out cards. Hopefully, we'll have something to announce next Christmas to make sending them worthwhile!

We're both still going to the gym. I have lost around 5 lbs, and The Man has lost his double chin. Operation Hot Mama is still going strong.

We're trying to figure out more ways to have fun and exercise and be active- two or three activities involve our dogs, which means there is a new project ahead.

Here's a pic of both the little hellions:



The blonde is Bear, and the black shaggy guy is Bosco. Bear actually used to be a "problem dog"- acting out, pooping in the house, jumping the fence (ok, the last one hasn't been addressed yet) and then some kind angel lent us the book by Cesar Milan, otherwise known as "The Dog Whisperer."

As it turns out, we weren't the owners of a "problem dog". We were the problem. It's worked like magic. Tonight, The Man told Bear, "Get in the tub, Bear!" so we could give him a bath. And he very meekly did. And this is the same dog that would have to be wrestled in every time before this. It's like crazy doggie voodoo.

The Man and I are heading for the coast tomorrow- with dogs in tow, to try to socialize them, and treat them to a ride in the car and maybe some good frolicking time at the beach. They haven't gotten to hang out much with other dogs, so we want to get them used to it- plans to visit the dog park are imminent, but have been postponed several times because our guys can be pretty wild. We plan to take pictures, and will hopefully escape with our lives.

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I am soo thankful that your christmas was an improvement from your thanksgiving. I I got the book yesterday and I plan on reading it next week.

Your pups are cutie pies! Who knew that dog whisper book was so good. Do that have a cat whisper'. I am now off to clean the throw up on my bed from my bad black kitty that just had jump up on my bed to only come to throw up right in the middle of my bed this morning

Denise said...

It's good to see a new post from you-I've been wondering what you've been up to and I'm happy to hear you had a nice Christmas. The book sounds interesting-first I've heard of it.

Kristen said...

I also got contacted for the Cindy Margolis book! She sent it to me right before Christmas but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I'm anxious to see your review! XOXO

Meghan said...

Good to see you back! Have fun at the beach

Katie said...

I am so glad that you are back! I missed your posts!

Really glad that your holiday was good and that you are still going strong on Operation Hot Mama.

As for the furbabies, isn't that book great? We actually had a behavorialist come out to our house about two years ago. He wasn't "The Dog Whisperer," but he got the job done. It is so wonderful to have a tame and well-behaved dog. It doesn't work 100% of the time - but then again, who is 100% tame and well-behaved all of the time?! That would be so boring!