Monday, December 17, 2007

Operation Hot Mama

The Man and I have joined a gym. (If you want specifics, you can read more here.)

It wasn't something I was specifically looking to do. I am in fact already a member of a women's gym across town. But I am bad about going....and now a new gym just opened up around the corner from us. It has a pool. The Man has been wanting to train for an officer position, which requires him to be in fantastic shape, with the ability to swim 1500 meters.

He told me this, and while I managed to successfully contain my laughter, this is a man who has never set foot in a gym EVER, and who tends to consider a lengthy afternoon of computer web surfing strenuous activity.

However, I am nothing if not supportive.

So we signed on the dotted line. My reasoning is, I have spent the last couple of years TRYING so hard to get pregnant, and nothing has worked. Maybe switching the focus towards "getting healthy" will be helpful, and maybe my body will figure out what to do on its own. Or not. But as The Man put it, "We may not be parents, but we will be HAWT! At least, this is kind of a guaranteed thing."

Thanks babe.

The added bonus is that I suddenly have a whole lot of time with him, and we are seeing new sides of each other, which you tend to do when you're up at 4:30 AM and struggling bleary-eyed into spandex pants.

Me: This time of day needs a name.

The Man: "The Time of Day That Shall Not Be Named"?

Me: I was thinking more like, "Satan's Buttcrack".

Guess which one we chose?

I have also accomplished a staggering amount by 8AM- Gone to the gym, gotten back, made breakfast and packed lunches for both of us, found a recipe for Peanut Chicken online and threw the ingredients in the crockpot, started cleaning out the fridge.

It's insane. Of course, the downside is, we will be exhausted and ready for bed around 7PM.

Now I have to call FedEx because those arsebrains seem to have lost The Man's Christmas gift. Which shows as "delivered", but never was. %^&*!

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Over the summer I decided if I couldn't get pregnant I'd at least be hot. Unfortunately my resolve didn't last that long. Guess I'll be part of the New year's resolution crowd at the gym.

Good for you guys though...and up at 4:30, I could never do that!

AwkwardMoments said...

GOOD FOR YOU! Personally I am a fan of Satan's Buttcrack. Good Luck at hte gym and spending time with The Man as a bonus. I tried to get eric to do this with me and he never would!! I think it's a great way to start the day! Proud of you! Go get HAWT

Denise said...

That's great! I vote for Satan's Buttcrack. Very appropriate. If anything, you will feel better from working out once the endorphins start to kick in. I find it's a good source of stress relief for me. Of course, eating and drinking is also a good source of stress relief, which almost negates the work outs, but makes them that much more necessary!

Anonymous said...

good for you! I find that working out helps my libido a bit. Not a lot, but on a scale of 1 to 10, it moves it from a 1 to a 2.5. Enough to make the baby making sex at least tolerable.

Katie said...

Up at 4:30. You. are. insane. But I admire your dedication. And I will be jealous as all get out when you are hot and toned and I am flabby and flabbier.