Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bite the bullet

The Christmas cards have begun to arrive.

The Man asked me if we were going to do one this year.

We sent out a happy, smiling picture of us last year, and it feels like everyone who sends cards has their kids all over it. I am not sure if there is a point to this or not.

In other news, I sent an e-mail to my father, letting him know which gifts I was getting for other family members, so there wouldn't be duplicating. At the end, I typed:

"Don't worry about The Man, the gift I got him isn't on his list."

The e-mail I got back from my dad read as follows:

"Hmm. Got something for The Man that is not on his list?"

Maybe I am paranoid, but to me, this suggests that he thinks I am miraculously expecting a 7lb. bundle of joy.

I almost replied, "I am making him something, and it's a surprise!" Which is true, but would probably dig me in even deeper.

Other things I considered saying, because I am evil:

1. Herpes! It's the gift that keeps on giving.
2. A sex swing and some leather restraints. They were on sale.
3. A vial of our combined blood to wear around his neck.
4. Penguins!
5. A lobotomy and some tights.

In the end, I just told dad that I had gotten The Man some books and was knitting him some slippers, which has the advantage of actually being true. There's some other stuff, sci-fi DVD's, etc, but I didn't bring that up.

So, no response. I have a feeling that my assessment was right on the money. Damn it.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I don't know what to do about Christmas cards either. I end up just sending out the bulk ones from Hallmark and scrawling our signatures on it. I am sure that they go right in the round file!

Denise said...

I hear you on the card issue. How many years can we send a picture of us with our dogs? So sad.

I think we've decided to ignore the card thing altogether this year. Just call me Mrs. Scrooge.

AwkwardMoments said...

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send your dad hte email about the sex swing!!!!

As for christmas cards, I have and love getting pictures of my friends and family w/o kids on it. I think its great if you wan to do it.

Meghan said...

I'm skipping the christmas cards this year. It's just too much work

I would have went with the sex swing...can't let an opportunity like that pass you by!

LJ said...

I didn't get to the cards this year, too busy. Oh well, not much to write home about.