Sunday, November 4, 2007

Notes from the Great Beyond

Wow.

I have to say, my experience with a psychic was, in fact, pretty mindblowing.

He started talking as soon as I came into the room, and surprisingly, children didn't come up immediately. I gave him my birthdate, and he looked at it and kind of made an exclamation of surprise. (I checked with my sis later, and he didn't do this with her.)

"You are a force to be reckoned with," he said. "You go your own way, and you are a leader. You are a fierce and loyal friend, and also a formidable enemy. I would not want you to be angry with me! You are incredibly independent. The best way to keep you is to give you freedom and trust that you will come back. Your talents are diverse, so much so that you get distracted and lose focus. You are incredibly resourceful, and incredibly intimidating to people who do not know you well. You are an emotional person who doesn't like to show it. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and you wish you didn't. You can be strong for everyone except yourself."

So far, pretty accurate. It is hard to judge yourself, though. When I repeated it to my friends, though, they said things like, "Holy Crap. Who is this man, and how much did it cost? When can I see him?!!!"

I showed him a picture of my husband...and that's when I started to freak out.

"Your husband is in pain," he said. "Too much for someone his age. Has he had a back injury? He's let it go for a long time, and he needs to get it taken care of."

When The Man was stationed overseas, he was in the back seat of a Humvee. Driving through the desert, they took a bump too fast, and The Man hit his head so hard on the rollbar that he was knocked out. He woke up on a backboard at the medical tent. He's had back problems ever since, and no amount of nagging will help.

I just said, "Yes, he has back problems."

"Why are you so afraid to be a bitch?!" he asked. "You are in charge of this relationship. He will follow you." He paused and said, "2008 is going to be a huge year for you. If you are not considering moving yet, you should."

Another pause. "You need to be in a big city. You are stagnant where you are, and you need to have inspiration to live your life to the fullest."

Another pause. I think I said, "Okay."

"Make sure your husband knows that he is making this decision too. He is inclined to blame joint decisions on you, and it is because you are his motivation. He is less decisive than you are.Once you decide, you will jump. And he will have to jump after you, but it takes him longer to make up his mind." Another pause. "Sometimes, it is like you are a tugboat and he is an ocean liner. Once he gets going, it goes smoothly, but he needs that push, and the push comes from you. You provide the power and the momentum."

At this point, my mouth was dry. Because that is a frighteningly accurrate depiction of our relationship.

"Sometimes, you resent this relationship. Because you wonder how long you will have to pull, and you think that maybe doing this for your whole life might be too much. You are a very independant, magnetic person, and you worry that your passion for each other isn't what it should be. I see the two of you building...you have some block in your relationship that is causing you to pull back.By your mid-thirties, you will stop holding yourself back to much, and you will have the passion that you want."

He paused again. In between, I said a lot of "Okay's" and "Uh-huh's".

"Wow your husband has a crazy family!" Truer words were never spoken. "He has gone through some trauma, abusive parenting. He deals with depression, and it is hard for you to deal with. Sometimes you can pull him out of it, and sometimes you can't eventually, you will win out."

"Alcoholism runs in his family. It's in his blood. Someone close to him...a sibling? Has a problem with drinking." (His sister has had three DUI's and been to rehab.) He is prone to this too. Keep an eye on it. He could use this to mask what is wrong. He hates his job."

He continued,"Why do you worry so much about money?" (Hello! IVF! I thought, but did not say.) "Money is the curse of civilization. You should be comfortable about what you have. You and your husband are both very resourceful, very employable. I don't see you having money problems, particularly after the next year."

Then he said, "You are going to be a mother. At least once. Before the age of 35. You may have more than one."

OK guys, I am sorry, it's To Be Continued! I will post more tonight.

I am completely blown away.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

CLifffff HANNNNNNNNGER ..I'M IN TEARS !!!!

GOODNESS this is so exciting -holy cow!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That is pretty mind blowing. Eagerly waiting to hear part II

Meghan said...

How could you stop at the best part!!! That's just mean ;)

can't wait to hear the rest!!!

jenna sais quoi said...

I know! my sis was dragging me off the computer to go shopping. I am dying to finish the story...am commenting from my phone.