Wednesday, November 14, 2007

8 Random things

Well, Meghan has tagged me! And I definitely needed it. Away we go.....


Here are the rules: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I am going to have to tag the eight people later. I am woefully behind in my blog check-upping.

1. I am like Snow White. I don't burst into song or anything, but animals seem to be drawn to me, and it tends to freak people out.

2. I can't whistle, and didn't learn how to snap my fingers until I was in my 20's. I also have to think about right and left, and will occasionally sneak a peek at my hands to see which one makes the "L".

3. I have a very girly side, but I tend to hide it from people. For example, my family birthday cake every year is white Dream Cake, with heaps of whipped cream and pink white chocolate shavings on top. I now make the excuse that the kids in the family like it, but it really is still one of my favorites.

4. I am horribly near-sighted, and have worn glasses since I was in the third grade. I'm actually officially myopic in my left eye, due to a detached retina at the age of 24. Nobody can figure out how it happened, but they fixed it pretty well.

5. I have always been a voracious reader, and I read ridiculously fast. I also like to read and re-read my favorites.

6. I love East Coast Swing Dancing and swing music. I used to be a pretty decent dancer- lifts and everything- but I have unfortunately gotten out of practice.

7. My junk food Kryptonite? Doughnuts. Specifically, maple bars.

8. The biggest scar I have runs horizontally along the bottom of my left calf muscle. I got it while riding my bike when I was 12, and coincidentaly, that's how many stitches I had to have.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenna,

Points 3, 4 and 5 could be lifted straight out of my life. Nice getting to know you!

Christy said...

Yum. . . maple bars! Thanks for sharing about you.

Meghan said...

Wow that was fast.

And you and I are freakily similar. I can barely whistle, can only snap on 1 hand, and still need to see which hand makes the L. Friends tell me steering wheel or glove box when I'm driving ;)

Meghan said...

Wow that was fast.

And you and I are freakily similar. I can barely whistle, can only snap on 1 hand, and still need to see which hand makes the L. Friends tell me steering wheel or glove box when I'm driving ;)

Anonymous said...

I like the snow white analogy.

Animals have amazing instincts that are always spot on.

P.S. Maple bars are heaven on earth.