Sunday, January 27, 2008

Juno

I went and saw Juno yesterday.

I have to admit, I was a little worried, and some of the scenes made me tense up in my seat to the point that I squirmed uncomfortably. However, I didn't overly abuse my one pathetic Kleenex.

After that random disclaimer, I have to say that I loved this movie. It was hilarious and quirky, and just one of those movies that you walk out of feeling satisfied and vaguely vindicated. And yes, Chris, I want the soundtrack. It kind of grows on you.

YMMV- I am glad I watched it with my girlie buddies, and not The Man. Because there is one part that made me SO MAD at my husband (without the benefit of his having done anything wrong) that I probably would have reached over and pinched him repeatedly just to relieve my seething feelings.

Irrational? Well, maybe. But I guess there is a good reason, because I am in the throes of possibly THE worst PMS I have ever had. I mean it, I woke up with my back spasming two days ago, cramps, you name it, and I was in full attack mode for about a week before that, when any little thing could set me off. Considering that I usually lead a crampless existence, have no mood swings (aside from a little ditziness) and just take a prolonged nap the day before AF arrives, this is interesting news.

I hope you all are having fantastic weekends that don't involve any back spasming. I don't recommend it.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sorry about the back spasms-that isn't fun! And thanks for the info on Juno. I really want to go see it, but I've been a little nervous because of the story line.

Katie said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the movie, but I am sorry about the spasms and PMS.

Christy said...

I hope you are feeling better by now, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the movie. Come back soon!