Friday, July 27, 2007

I Got You, Babe.

Happy Anniversary, my love. I cannot put into words how much it means to me that we have made it this far. If we have to go through this mess, I am glad we are in it together. You have been endlessly patient, upbeat, and tolerant through it all, and hopefully it will all pay off in the end.

But if it doesn't, we're definitely taking that big trip to Europe.

Love,

J



Today is it...the big number five!

The Man and I were lying in bed together this morning, and ended up spending most of the early afternoon holed up together- still in the bed, lounging and talking.

The general concensus was that it has been a good five years, and that on the whole, we're two very lucky people. Lucky to have found each other, lucky to have supportive families and wonderful friends, and a nice house.

Unfortunately, somehow counting my blessings made me think of the one thing that we don't have. I started to tear up, and The Man immediately and wordlessly held out his arms and wrapped them around me. I managed to keep my cool, and somehow pulled back from the brink.

I feel incredibly selfish. Why do I have to remind myself that five wonderful years with the love of my life should be enough? And while we both want children more than anything, would we have been able to sleep in and spend the day together and sort of drift through the afternoon if we had kids? Probably not. Would we be able to pick up and go away for the weekend at a moment's notice? Definitely not. Evenings out at nice restaurants would be forsaken, unless we could scrounge a sitter.

We went out tonight for a lovely celebratory evening, where I ate a positively ridiculous amount of food (although we skipped both lunch and dinner in favor of staying in bed today) and had creme brulee for dessert. No alcohol though, because hey, hope springs eternal.

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations :-) And here's to many more happy anniversaries.