Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It's GO time.

The call finally came, and the news wasn't great: low estradiol, etc. So We decided to let me "coast" without medication for a few days, and come in again on Monday.

The Man and I took a much-needed weekend away- we spent the time relaxing in Carmel, trying to plan as much of our future as we could, and gathering up strength for the crazy months ahead. A lot of talking happened, and I feel like we are ready- no matter what happens as much of this is still up in the air. I feel strangely calm.

I took one more shot of Gonal on Sunday night, and headed in to see Dr. Charming on Monday. 

BAM! Evidently, it was a busy weekend for me. The follicle on the left doubled in size. Righty is, once again off in space somewhere. So I could have 1-3 follicles: most likely one.

So. Medication does little or no good to me. My body is slow to start, but once it gets going, things go into overdrive. Good to know.

I came in again today. The ladies in the office always come out to see what I am wearing, which I think is adorable- although I dread having an off day, as I wouldn't want to disappoint them by resorting to yoga pants! It's part of my plan: it is so easy to lose yourself when you are going through this. To live in sweats and eat junk food and generally slide into survival mode. I am trying to look as good as I can, to eat as healthily as possible, and in general, keep up appearances. It does seem to be a good way to cope. And the good news is, everything is supposedly "ideal."  Per the acupuncurist, I am the healthiest I have ever been. Per Dr. C, Endometrium is "ideal.

I trigger tonight, then go in for retrieval on Thursday morning. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Omg!!! I've read everything up until today! Thinking of you!!! Best wishes, baby dust, luck, prayers, everything!!!