Friday, August 24, 2012

Let's go follies, let's go! *clap*clap*clap*

So far, things are par for the course, follicle-wise. Four days of injectables have produced nothing out of the ordinary. I am trying not to panic.

I have one good-sized follicle on the left (where else) and as usual, righty is actually off the reservation. We caught a glimpse of it reclining somewhere, but a close-up didn't happen. Lazy bitch! I am trying not to panic. Today is only day 7. I have another week for the girls to get it in gear.I thought I glimpsed a tiny secondary follicle on the left, but Dr. Charming didn't measure it or say anything- the jury is out. I can feel crazy twinges on the left, so maybe. I am hoping it shows up on my next check-in on Sunday, and maybe brings some cute friends. 8:45 AM, baby.  So much for sleeping in! Come on follies! There'll be punch and pie.....

I should get my bloodwork results later on tonight- they may be upping my dose of Gonal. That giant sucking sound you hear is from the enormous hole in our bank account.

I am doing OK: still upbeat, although I have been super tired and irrationally angry at The Man for "no reason". It's been so bad: I have been sitting on the couch hating his guts, and then I consider asking him if he knows why I am mad at him. Surely he must have done something, and I just forgot what it was, because OMG!!! ANGRY!!!!

Then I realize it is the hormones. The Crazy is locked and loaded.

It comes in handy when I find out things like the drama with my medical records. Kaiser, you stink. As it turns out, they decided not to run my HIV 1&2 tests, and just didn't tell me: and since Kaiser's policy is that they don't send you a printout, they just say, "You know those confidential tests you took? Alllll negative!" Well. I guess they were just talking about the Hep series. So I had to get another blood draw and have it rushed through my clinic. And my clinic also had to send three separate faxes to their medical records department: plus four or five calls from me, with me racheting up the hysteria each time- for them to finally send proof of my negative Hep results. Sheesh. But the good news is, that is finally all squared away.

I love my clinic. I may have already said this, but I seriously can't believe my luck. And it seems so....anti-climactic. I have been waiting for this for so long, and I am sure that is why. The crew thanked me for being so upbeat and fun today. Hopefully it will keep being anti-climactic. A BFP would be a fantastic first, for me.

No comments: